- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cape Legion splits pair against Paducah
The Ford and Sons Cape Girardeau Senior Legion baseball team split a doubleheader on the road Wednesday with Paducah, Ky.
Cape (7-7) won the opener 5-0, but dropped the nightcap 6-1.
Josh Henson collected the win in the opener with five shutout innings. He allowed five hits, struck out four and walked one. Tyler Glidwell followed with two shutout innings of relief.
Skylar Cobb led the offense with a 3-for-4 night at the plate. Henson and Levi Felter each finished with two hits as Cape finished with nine overall.
The offense sputtered in the second game, mounting just two hits.
Andrew Williams took the loss on the mound for Cape.
GOLFRichardson, Housemanwin junior series event
Ryan Richardson of Kennett won the boys 16-to-19 tour division on his home course as the Gateway PGA Jr. Series held its third event of the season Wednesday at Kennett Country Club.
Richardson shot an 80 to finish two strokes ahead of Evan Deere.
Jessica Houseman of Jackson won the girls 16-to-19 tour division with a 95, placing two shots ahead of Hannah Uthoff.
Jesse Schott of Cape won the boys 14-to-15 tour division with a 77, while Hayden Combs of Kennett won the boys 14-to-15 regular division with an 88. Lofton Hayes of New Madrid won the boys 16-to-19 regular division with a 79.
Other winners were Jack Litzelfelner III (41, boys 10 to 11), Gabe Wheeler (48, boys 12 to 13) and Diana Kantchev (53, girls 12 to 13).
Forty-nine youths competed in the event.
The next event is Wednesday at Bent Creek.
Gateway PGA Jr. Series
(at Kennett C.C.)
Boys 10-11 (nine holes) -- Jack Litzelfelner III 41, Lincoln Hunter 54, Kobe Beasley 56
Boys 12-13 (nine holes) -- Gabe Wheeler 48, Nick Cantoni 52, John Burcham 55
Girls 12-13 (nine holes) -- Diana Kantchev 53, Camille Brewer 63
Boys 14-15 (18 holes regular) -- Hayden Combs 88, Parker Browne 96, Zach Downing 96
Boys 14-15 (18 holes tour) -- Jesse Schott 77, Drew Hosp 81, Travis Simmons 84
Boys 16-19 (18 holes regular) -- Lofton Hayes 79, Alex Kantchev 87, Logan Roby 87
Boys 16-19 (18 holes tour) -- Ryan Richardson 80, Evan Deere 82, Tyler Shulse 90
Girls 16-19 (18 holes tour) -- Jessica Houseman 95, Hannah Uthoff 97
-- From staff reports