- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Evelyn M. King, 72, of Perryville died Monday, June 15, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 30, 1936, in Butler County, Mo., daughter of Vard and Lula Cobb Phelps.
Mrs. King was a former owner/operator of a retail shoe store.
Survivors include two daughters, Jean Yount of Sedgewickville, Mo., Dixie Batten of Farmington, Mo.; two sons, Benjerman King of Harvest, Ala., Anthony King of Biehle, Mo.; four brothers, Clifton, Coy, Basil and Rascel Phelps; four sisters, Margaret Phelps Lefrink, Rita Phelps Jolliff and Joanie Phelps Basinger, all of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Juanita Phelps Sells of Fredericktown, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two brothers, Thomas and Vard Ray Phelps; two sisters, Geneva Phelps Griffin and Dorothy Phelps Stull; and a son, Markel King.
Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. until time of service today at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with Steve Joggerst officiating. Burial will be in King Cemetery near Collinwood, Tenn.
Memorials are preferred to the Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.