- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
Gift of Love
Six year old Kayla McCain recently donated her hair to "Locks of Love." She had waited several months for her hair to get to the required length of 10 inches to have it cut.
Following her hair cut, Kayla, along with her mother, Stacy McCain, and her grandparents, Jim & Cathy Evans, participated in a Relay for Life cancer walk in honor of her cousin, Tracy, who was walking as a cancer survivor, and in memory of her great-grandmother,Maxine Evans.