- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Gift of Love
Six year old Kayla McCain recently donated her hair to "Locks of Love." She had waited several months for her hair to get to the required length of 10 inches to have it cut.
Following her hair cut, Kayla, along with her mother, Stacy McCain, and her grandparents, Jim & Cathy Evans, participated in a Relay for Life cancer walk in honor of her cousin, Tracy, who was walking as a cancer survivor, and in memory of her great-grandmother,Maxine Evans.