- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Scott City council passes measures to block treatment plant project (10/10/17)1
"Movies At The Mud House"- FIREPROOF staring Kirk Cameron (Thursday June 18) Free Screening
"Movies At The Mud House"- FIREPROOF staring Kirk Cameron (Thursday June 18) Free Screening at The Mississippi Mud House(Cape Girardeau).
Pathways presents a Free Screening of the film "FIREPROOF" on Thursday June 18 2009. The movie will start around 7:30.
About Fireproof: Kirk Cameron plays Capt. Caleb Holt, a dedicated firefighter whose marriage to his wife, Catherine (Erin Bethea), has taken a severe turn for the worse and is about to end in divorce. But just when hope seems to be running out for them, Holt's father intervenes, challenging the couple to a 40-day experiment that he hopes will give them a renewed love not only for each other, but also for God.
Starring: Kirk Cameron, Erin Bethea, Ken Bevel, Stephen Dervan, Jason McLeod, and Alex Kendrick.
Director: Alex Kendrick
Based on Stephen and Alex Kendrick's story, Fireproof is written by Eric Wilson
Fireproof is a 2008 film by Samuel Goldwyn Films and Sherwood Pictures. Stephen Kendrick directed the film, and also co-wrote and co-produced it with his brother, Alex Kendrick. The supporting cast is made up of volunteers from Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia, where the Kendrick brothers are associate pastors. The lead role Caleb Holt was portrayed by Kirk Cameron, and also starring were Erin Bethea, Ken Bevel, Stephen Dervan and Jason McLeod.
On a budget of $500,000, Fireproof opened in theaters on September 26, 2008, and was the highest grossing independent film of 2008, with $33,456,317 domestically. The film received the Best Feature Film award at the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival.
Movie is Rated PG For thematic material and some peril.
Running time: 122 min. and Q&A will follow the film.
(Look for the ad in the SE Missourian for special menu discounts)
WHAT: "Movies At The Mud House"- FIREPROOF staring Kirk Cameron
WHEN: Thursday June 18 7:30pm
WHERE: Mississippi Mud House
Cape Girardeau, Mo 63701