- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
"Movies At The Mud House"- FIREPROOF staring Kirk Cameron (Thursday June 18) Free Screening
"Movies At The Mud House"- FIREPROOF staring Kirk Cameron (Thursday June 18) Free Screening at The Mississippi Mud House(Cape Girardeau).
Pathways presents a Free Screening of the film "FIREPROOF" on Thursday June 18 2009. The movie will start around 7:30.
About Fireproof: Kirk Cameron plays Capt. Caleb Holt, a dedicated firefighter whose marriage to his wife, Catherine (Erin Bethea), has taken a severe turn for the worse and is about to end in divorce. But just when hope seems to be running out for them, Holt's father intervenes, challenging the couple to a 40-day experiment that he hopes will give them a renewed love not only for each other, but also for God.
Starring: Kirk Cameron, Erin Bethea, Ken Bevel, Stephen Dervan, Jason McLeod, and Alex Kendrick.
Director: Alex Kendrick
Based on Stephen and Alex Kendrick's story, Fireproof is written by Eric Wilson
Fireproof is a 2008 film by Samuel Goldwyn Films and Sherwood Pictures. Stephen Kendrick directed the film, and also co-wrote and co-produced it with his brother, Alex Kendrick. The supporting cast is made up of volunteers from Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia, where the Kendrick brothers are associate pastors. The lead role Caleb Holt was portrayed by Kirk Cameron, and also starring were Erin Bethea, Ken Bevel, Stephen Dervan and Jason McLeod.
On a budget of $500,000, Fireproof opened in theaters on September 26, 2008, and was the highest grossing independent film of 2008, with $33,456,317 domestically. The film received the Best Feature Film award at the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival.
Movie is Rated PG For thematic material and some peril.
Running time: 122 min. and Q&A will follow the film.
(Look for the ad in the SE Missourian for special menu discounts)
WHAT: "Movies At The Mud House"- FIREPROOF staring Kirk Cameron
WHEN: Thursday June 18 7:30pm
WHERE: Mississippi Mud House
Cape Girardeau, Mo 63701