- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
"Movies At The Mud House"- FIREPROOF staring Kirk Cameron (Thursday June 18) Free Screening
"Movies At The Mud House"- FIREPROOF staring Kirk Cameron (Thursday June 18) Free Screening at The Mississippi Mud House(Cape Girardeau).
Pathways presents a Free Screening of the film "FIREPROOF" on Thursday June 18 2009. The movie will start around 7:30.
About Fireproof: Kirk Cameron plays Capt. Caleb Holt, a dedicated firefighter whose marriage to his wife, Catherine (Erin Bethea), has taken a severe turn for the worse and is about to end in divorce. But just when hope seems to be running out for them, Holt's father intervenes, challenging the couple to a 40-day experiment that he hopes will give them a renewed love not only for each other, but also for God.
Starring: Kirk Cameron, Erin Bethea, Ken Bevel, Stephen Dervan, Jason McLeod, and Alex Kendrick.
Director: Alex Kendrick
Based on Stephen and Alex Kendrick's story, Fireproof is written by Eric Wilson
Fireproof is a 2008 film by Samuel Goldwyn Films and Sherwood Pictures. Stephen Kendrick directed the film, and also co-wrote and co-produced it with his brother, Alex Kendrick. The supporting cast is made up of volunteers from Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia, where the Kendrick brothers are associate pastors. The lead role Caleb Holt was portrayed by Kirk Cameron, and also starring were Erin Bethea, Ken Bevel, Stephen Dervan and Jason McLeod.
On a budget of $500,000, Fireproof opened in theaters on September 26, 2008, and was the highest grossing independent film of 2008, with $33,456,317 domestically. The film received the Best Feature Film award at the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival.
Movie is Rated PG For thematic material and some peril.
Running time: 122 min. and Q&A will follow the film.
(Look for the ad in the SE Missourian for special menu discounts)
WHAT: "Movies At The Mud House"- FIREPROOF staring Kirk Cameron
WHEN: Thursday June 18 7:30pm
WHERE: Mississippi Mud House
Cape Girardeau, Mo 63701