- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
"Movies At The Mud House"- FIREPROOF staring Kirk Cameron (Thursday June 18) Free Screening
"Movies At The Mud House"- FIREPROOF staring Kirk Cameron (Thursday June 18) Free Screening at The Mississippi Mud House(Cape Girardeau).
Pathways presents a Free Screening of the film "FIREPROOF" on Thursday June 18 2009. The movie will start around 7:30.
About Fireproof: Kirk Cameron plays Capt. Caleb Holt, a dedicated firefighter whose marriage to his wife, Catherine (Erin Bethea), has taken a severe turn for the worse and is about to end in divorce. But just when hope seems to be running out for them, Holt's father intervenes, challenging the couple to a 40-day experiment that he hopes will give them a renewed love not only for each other, but also for God.
Starring: Kirk Cameron, Erin Bethea, Ken Bevel, Stephen Dervan, Jason McLeod, and Alex Kendrick.
Director: Alex Kendrick
Based on Stephen and Alex Kendrick's story, Fireproof is written by Eric Wilson
Fireproof is a 2008 film by Samuel Goldwyn Films and Sherwood Pictures. Stephen Kendrick directed the film, and also co-wrote and co-produced it with his brother, Alex Kendrick. The supporting cast is made up of volunteers from Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia, where the Kendrick brothers are associate pastors. The lead role Caleb Holt was portrayed by Kirk Cameron, and also starring were Erin Bethea, Ken Bevel, Stephen Dervan and Jason McLeod.
On a budget of $500,000, Fireproof opened in theaters on September 26, 2008, and was the highest grossing independent film of 2008, with $33,456,317 domestically. The film received the Best Feature Film award at the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival.
Movie is Rated PG For thematic material and some peril.
Running time: 122 min. and Q&A will follow the film.
(Look for the ad in the SE Missourian for special menu discounts)
WHAT: "Movies At The Mud House"- FIREPROOF staring Kirk Cameron
WHEN: Thursday June 18 7:30pm
WHERE: Mississippi Mud House
Cape Girardeau, Mo 63701