- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
13-year-old boy robbed Saturday evening, police say
A 13-year-old boy suffered a blow to the face during a "strong arm" robbery over the weekend, said Sgt. Jason Selzer, spokesman for the Cape Girardeau Police Department.
The incident occurred before 10 p.m. Saturday when the victim was skateboarding near the corner of Morgan Oak and South Ellis streets, Selzer said.
A woman he had seen before and a man approached him. They asked to see his MP3 player, and when he gave it to them, the male struck him in the face, Selzer said.
The MP3 player and a cell phone were stolen from the him, the boy told police.
Police are still investigating the incident, Selzer said.