- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Fern James, 93, of Marble Hill passed away Sunday, June 14, 2009, at the El Nathan Home.
She was born July 29, 1915, at Crump, daughter of Charles J. and Sarah Francis Moore Williams. She and Lindell L. James were married April 25, 1931. He died Dec. 13, 1999.
Mrs. James was a member of Hahn Chapel General Baptist Church and attended Marble Hill United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a son, Jack L. James of Marble Hill; a daughter, Linda E. Stroder of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, a brother and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Michael Lockhart and Gerald Huff officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.