- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Speak Out 6/16/09
THE youths and sponsors who went to 4-H State Congress are to be commended. It looks as though the Southeast region will be well-represented by some talented youths.
THANK you to the Cape Girardeau Police Department for its efforts enforcing the speed limit on Mount Auburn Road. It's good to see the police out there. Mount Auburn is a dangerous place to drive too fast. Today I witnessed the fourth wreck in six months in exactly the same spot on Mount Auburn, right at the bottom of the hill at the corner of Mount Auburn and Wisteria. Please slow down, people. I am tired of making 911 calls and assisting injured drivers.
GRADUALLY and imperceptibly Cape Girardeau is experiencing "garbagization." The riverfront and downtown area are an eyesore on weekends when most tourists are visiting. All along Broadway and Independence streets we can now see garbage strewn here and there.