- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Speak Out 6/16/09
THE youths and sponsors who went to 4-H State Congress are to be commended. It looks as though the Southeast region will be well-represented by some talented youths.
THANK you to the Cape Girardeau Police Department for its efforts enforcing the speed limit on Mount Auburn Road. It's good to see the police out there. Mount Auburn is a dangerous place to drive too fast. Today I witnessed the fourth wreck in six months in exactly the same spot on Mount Auburn, right at the bottom of the hill at the corner of Mount Auburn and Wisteria. Please slow down, people. I am tired of making 911 calls and assisting injured drivers.
GRADUALLY and imperceptibly Cape Girardeau is experiencing "garbagization." The riverfront and downtown area are an eyesore on weekends when most tourists are visiting. All along Broadway and Independence streets we can now see garbage strewn here and there.