KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Church leaders say they were just playing it safe when they evacuated everyone during Sunday's service after two members of the congregation fainted.
The first person passed out about 40 minutes into Fellowship of Grace's service at the Majestic Theater in Kansas City's Zona Rosa shopping district. The service continued until church members learned someone else had fainted in another part of the building.
Fearing a carbon monoxide leak, church leaders ushered everyone out and into a courtyard across the street. But hazmat teams checked the building and didn't find any problems.
Fire crews say the two people who fainted admitted that they already felt ill before going to the service.