- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Samuel B. Parcell, age 66, of Jackson, formerly of Jonesboro, died at 7:40 a.m. June 11, 2009, at his home.
He was born Feb. 16, 1943, to Charles F. and Minnie Janet Slicker Parcell.
Samuel married Jo Ann Cantrell on Sept. 6, 1964, at Jonesboro Methodist Church. He worked nearly 50 years in the electric utility business and most recently as the director of electric for the city of Lexington, N.C., until his retirement in October 2007. He proudly served his country during Vietnam.
Survivors include his wife, Jo Ann Parcell of Jackson; a brother, Charles, and wife Sarah Parcell of Mount Prospect, Ill.; a sister, Celia Barker of Georgetown, Ill.; nieces, nephews, great-nieces, great-nephews and many friends. Samuel was preceded in death by his parents.
Memorial services for Samuel will be conducted at 2 p.m. Monday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro, with Dr. Barry E. Winders officiating.
Family and friends may call from 11 a.m. until the hour of the memorial service Monday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Southeast Hospice and envelopes will be available at the funeral home.