- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Janet E. Cox, 63 of Cape Girardeau went home to be with the Lord on Friday, June 12, 2009, at her residence in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 31, 1946, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Woodrow W. and Geneva M. Davie Wilkinson.
She was a member of First General Baptist Church of Cape Girardeau. She attended the old Marquette grade school and was a graduate of College High School. She had worked at A.B. Dick before being employed at Procter & Gamble since 1987.
Survivors include two sons, Darin K. McCain of Cape Girardeau and Brian McCain and wife, Tracy, of Cape Girardeau; and one grandchild, Morgan McCain of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister, Glenda J Barker.
A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Friday in Lorimier Cemetery, Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Dean Jaggers officiating. Memorial contributions may be sent to First General Baptist Church.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.