- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Area digest 6/13
Giebler scores hole in one
Paul Giebler enjoyed two consecutive sensational shots at Dalhousie Golf Club on Friday.
Giebler first recorded an eagle on No. 4 when he holed his shot from the fairway.
He wasn't done.
He used an 8-iron on his next shot, on hole No. 5. His tee shot found the hole for his first career hole in one. The hole was playing 142 yards.
Lewis Bock, Barry Bock and Kim Blattner witnessed the shots.
Driskell team wins title
The team of Suzi Seib, Gerry Driskell, Blake Driskell and Rick Goodman took first place at the United Way of Southeast Missouri's charity golf tournament at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The team of Clint Karnes, Phil Cantoni, Shawn Cook and Brad Elfrink was second, while the team of Robbie Guard, Ken Schmitz, Jeff Mauer and Jeff Unterreiner took third.
-- From staff reports