- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
3 from Cape arrested on marijuana charges
Ten pounds of marijuana were seized Thursday from a vehicle carrying three Cape Girardeau residents in Advance, Mo., according to a news release from the SEMO Drug Task Force.
John L. Tate, 28, Tamika Tate, 20, and Anthony Williams, 25, were arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and taken to the Stoddard County Sheriff's Department. Bond was set at $250,000 for each.
The arrests came after an investigation and surveillance, the news release said. Police identified the vehicle carrying the three as it traveled south on Highway 25 and made the arrests in a private parking lot in Advance.
The Stoddard County Sheriff's Department, Advance Police Department, Missouri State Highway Patrol and Drug Enforcement Administration assisted in the investigation.