- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Man brings mortar shells he found to city hall; city hall evacuated
BONNE TERRE, Mo. -- An eastern Missouri city hall was evacuated after a resident found mortar shells and took them in for inspection.
Bonne Terre City Hall and a two-block radius around it were evacuated Friday after a man found mortar shells while cleaning a house.
He took the shells in for city officials to inspect. Those officials weren't sure if the mortars were live, and an evacuation was ordered as a precaution.
Ammunition experts from Fort Leonard Wood were being brought in to determine if the mortars were dangerous.