- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Eugene Edward Hotop, 72, of Perryville died Wednesday, June 10, 2009, at his home.
He was born March 23, 1937, in Perryville, son of Edward and Beulah Hotop. He and Shirley Ann Cassoutt were married June 18, 1960.
Hotop was the owner and operator of Perryville Packing and served in the National Guard. He was also a bartender at the VFW and a volunteer for Meals on Wheels. He was of the Catholic faith.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Steven Hotop and Mark Hotop, both of Perryville; two daughters, Barbara Schilling of St. Mary, Mo., and Brenda Marshall of Peyton, Colo.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a grandson.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Visitation will continue from 6:30 a.m. to the time of funeral Saturday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday in the Miller Family Funeral Chapel, with the Rev. Stan Hargis officiating. Burial will be in the Mary Queen of Heaven Mausoleum in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Memorials may be sent to Southeast Hospice or Family Choice.