- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Earline Edna Esther Ascenzo, 77, formerly of Pocahontas, passed away Thursday, June 4, 2009, in Greer, Ariz.
She was born April 20, 1932, in Pocahontas, to William and Esther Fuehler Reisenbichler.
Earline was a registered nurse 40 years. She was an active member of Visiting Ministries of Community Christian Church of Apache Junction, Ariz., and a member of Porter Mountain Fellowship in Lakeside, Ariz.
She was an avid gardener but especially enjoyed fishing and spending time with her family.
Survivors include her husband, Vero John Ascenzo; three sons, Michael of Mesa, Ariz., Mark of Glendale, Ariz., Matthew of Peoria, Ariz.; four daughters, Rita VanAmburg of Glendale, Laura Milford of Houma, La., Mary Lambert of Merkel, Texas, Luana Richardson of Cherry Valley, Calif.; two stepsons, David Ascenzo of Bethany, Ill., James Ascenzo of West Virginia; and a stepdaughter, Kathy Halligan of Hazlet, N.J.
Also surviving is a twin brother, Earl Reisenbichler of Pocahontas; two sisters, Junie Landgraf of Pocahontas, Harriet Drusch of Jackson; 24 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
Earline was preceded in death by her parents; first husband, Abraham K. Delossantos; and a brother, Clinton Reisenbichler.
The family will receive friends Saturday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 9 to 10 a.m., at which time there will be a memorial service.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorials to the Building Fund at Community Christian Church, 1150 W. Superstition Blvd., Apache Junction, AZ 85220.