- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
John Albert Shuffit, 53, of Scott City died Monday, June 8, 2009, in Perryville, Mo.
He was born March 23, 1956, in Fort Worth, Texas, son of James and Dorothy Hale Shuffit.
John was employed by Procter & Gamble as an electrician. He was an avid fisherman and hunter and a lover of the great outdoors.
He will lovingly be remembered by family and friends as someone who loved to make them laugh. They could count on him when they needed someone. As one family member said, "It says it all when you spend your last dollar to put up a billboard indicating the gates to heaven for all who passed on the interstate." That was Johnny. And so it does say it all.
Survivors include two sons, John Paul Shuffit and Michael Lee Shuffit of Scott City; two daughters, Della Kay Moore and Kayla Jean Shuffit of Scott City; a brother, Mike Shuffit of Scott City; four sisters, Paula Menees and Verna Brashear of Scott City, Dorothy Clark of San Angelo, Texas, Rose Richardson of Cape Girardeau; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The service will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Dennis Clark officiating. Interment will be in Lightner Cemetery.