- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Helen H. Felty, 75, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, June 9, 2009, at Life Care Centers of Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 2, 1933, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of John M. and Jeanetta Henrietta Goza Kuehn Sr. She and Kermit D. Felty Sr. were married April 17, 1954. He preceded her in death July 30, 1992.
Mrs. Felty was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral.
Survivors include four sons, Kermit D. "Danny" Felty Jr., Roy D. Felty and Mark Felty, all of Cape Girardeau, Gus Wayne Felty of Scott City; three daughters, Helen Howard of Cape Girardeau, Teresa Clubb of Thebes, Ill., Robin Morgan of Patton, Mo.; three brothers, John Kuehn Jr. and James Kuehn of Cape Girardeau, Thomas Kuehn of Fruitland; a sister, Kate Gibbar of Jackson; 14 grandchildren; and 29 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a son, Raymond Felty; three brothers; three sisters; and a granddaughter.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Patrick Nwokoye officiating. Interment will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.