- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Bertha C. Wibbenmeyer, 91, of Perryville died Tuesday, June 9, 2009, at Perryville.
She was born Sept. 16, 1917, at Longtown, Mo., daughter of August V. and Mary J. Unterreiner Bohnert. She married Oscar Wibbenmeyer Aug. 26, 1940, at Apple Creek, Mo. He preceded her in death June 12, 2004.
She was a homemaker and a member of St. Maurus Catholic Church in Biehle, Mo.
Survivors include six sons, Richard (Rose) Wibbenmeyer of Arnold, Mo., James (Jean) Wibbenmeyer of Imperial, Mo., Larry (Bonnie) Wibbenmeyer of St. Louis, Michael (Cindy) Wibbenmeyer of Friedheim, Paul (Jane) Wibbenmeyer of Fruitland, Mark Wibbenmeyer of Ennis, Texas; a daughter, Dorothy (Paul) Welker of St. Louis; a sister, Cornelia Ernst of Perryville; 17 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, three brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Miller Family Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7 tonight. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Maurus Catholic Church, with the Rev. Tony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in St. Maurus Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to St. Maurus Building Fund.