- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- State of emergency declared in Missouri (2/24/18)1
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Thanks for help in high water
I would like to thank everyone who stopped and helped me and my two granddaughters after I got swept off Highway 77 by 12 inches of water in one spot on the road on May 3 about four miles on other side of Chaffee going south. My car was totaled. But at least we survived. Thank God. I especially want to thank the man and girl who first stopped and helped me get my two granddaughters up the muddy hill to his truck. Then a husband and wife came to our rescue and helped my 2-year-old granddaughter get the blood and mud out of her face. And many thanks to all the first-responders and great EMT teams.
R. PATTERSON, Chaffee, Mo.