- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Albert Joseph Elfrink, 90, of Leopold died Sunday, June 7, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 18, 1919, in Leopold, son of Jacob H. and Adelheid Jansen Elfrink. He and Catherine M. Seesing were married Feb. 26, 1946. She died March 28, 2004.
Mr. Elfrink was a member of St. John's Catholic Church and a 57-year member of Knights of Columbus. He was a charter member of St. Isidore Council 5898, Leopold, and a 4th Degree member of St. John's Assembly 1740.
He was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. Mr. Elfrink retired as a Knights of Columbus Insurance Agent.
Albert served his country proudly in the United States Navy during World War II aboard the battleship USS Indiana.
Survivors include two sons, Delwin (Theresa) Elfrink of Cape Girardeau, Floyd Elfrink of Italy, Texas; two daughters, Sandra (Ralph) Beussink of Leopold, Shirley (Keith) Brotherton of Marble Hill, Mo.; a brother, Tom Elfrink of Leopold; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, an infant son, six brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill. Parish prayers led by the Rev. John Harth and the Knights of Columbus rosary will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. John's Catholic Church, with the Rev. Harth officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Church Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be grandsons Craig, Kyle and Cory Elfrink, Alan Beussink, Matt Brotherton, and godson Harold Horrell.
Readers will be granddaughters Stacey Kamps and Molly Brotherton, and participants in the offertory procession will be granddaughters Becky Beussink and Katelyn Brotherton.
The organist will be Mary Jansen, who will be accompanied by St. John's Church Choir.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Leopold School Foundation.