- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Dreaming of Oregon Coast visit
To the editor:
Thank you, Joe Sullivan, for your neat column on the Oregon Coast. We too have visited the coast many times the past 30 years, and the Yachats-Walport area is one of our favorites. Permit me a word of cheer about the Oregon winters. We spent five consecutive winters there, and there is lots of rain and wind. However, there are numerous beautiful sunny days also. Your column found me dreaming and planning a trip back to the Northwest next summer and, as you might guess, is a bit of an inspiration. Again, thank you, and may you have many more years to look for that silver lining.
FRED KEPPNER, Harrisburg, Ill.