- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Dreaming of Oregon Coast visit
To the editor:
Thank you, Joe Sullivan, for your neat column on the Oregon Coast. We too have visited the coast many times the past 30 years, and the Yachats-Walport area is one of our favorites. Permit me a word of cheer about the Oregon winters. We spent five consecutive winters there, and there is lots of rain and wind. However, there are numerous beautiful sunny days also. Your column found me dreaming and planning a trip back to the Northwest next summer and, as you might guess, is a bit of an inspiration. Again, thank you, and may you have many more years to look for that silver lining.
FRED KEPPNER, Harrisburg, Ill.