- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Dreaming of Oregon Coast visit
To the editor:
Thank you, Joe Sullivan, for your neat column on the Oregon Coast. We too have visited the coast many times the past 30 years, and the Yachats-Walport area is one of our favorites. Permit me a word of cheer about the Oregon winters. We spent five consecutive winters there, and there is lots of rain and wind. However, there are numerous beautiful sunny days also. Your column found me dreaming and planning a trip back to the Northwest next summer and, as you might guess, is a bit of an inspiration. Again, thank you, and may you have many more years to look for that silver lining.
FRED KEPPNER, Harrisburg, Ill.