- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Dreaming of Oregon Coast visit
To the editor:
Thank you, Joe Sullivan, for your neat column on the Oregon Coast. We too have visited the coast many times the past 30 years, and the Yachats-Walport area is one of our favorites. Permit me a word of cheer about the Oregon winters. We spent five consecutive winters there, and there is lots of rain and wind. However, there are numerous beautiful sunny days also. Your column found me dreaming and planning a trip back to the Northwest next summer and, as you might guess, is a bit of an inspiration. Again, thank you, and may you have many more years to look for that silver lining.
FRED KEPPNER, Harrisburg, Ill.