- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)5
Dreaming of Oregon Coast visit
To the editor:
Thank you, Joe Sullivan, for your neat column on the Oregon Coast. We too have visited the coast many times the past 30 years, and the Yachats-Walport area is one of our favorites. Permit me a word of cheer about the Oregon winters. We spent five consecutive winters there, and there is lots of rain and wind. However, there are numerous beautiful sunny days also. Your column found me dreaming and planning a trip back to the Northwest next summer and, as you might guess, is a bit of an inspiration. Again, thank you, and may you have many more years to look for that silver lining.
FRED KEPPNER, Harrisburg, Ill.