- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Hawksworth gets call while Todd returns to Class AAA Memphis
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals have fortified their bullpen, recalling rookie right-hander Blake Hawksworth from Class AAA Memphis and demoting Jess Todd to their top farm club.
The 26-year-old Hawksworth was a starter in Memphis but will serve as a long reliever with the Cardinals. He was 5-4 with a 3.92 ERA for the Redbirds before Saturday's promotion.
St. Louis could need Hawksworth to absorb some innings in the next couple days. Joel Pineiro is scheduled to pitch today after missing his last start due to back spasms. Brad Thompson is slated for his second straight fill-in start Monday, this time for injured Kyle Lohse.
Todd allowed two runs in 1 2/3 innings Friday night.