- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Two bodies, ticket found near Air France crash site off Brazil's coast
RECIFE, Brazil -- Searchers have found two bodies in the Atlantic Ocean near where an Air France jet is thought to have crashed, a Brazilian military official said Saturday.
Air force spokesman Col. Jorge Amaral said searchers also recovered a leather briefcase with an Air France ticket for the flight inside of it.
"It was confirmed with Air France that the ticket number corresponds to a passenger on the flight," he said.
Flight 447 disappeared Sunday with 228 people on board.
The two male bodies were recovered Saturday morning about 45 miles south of where Air Flight 447 emitted its last signals off Brazil's northern coast.
"At 9:10 a.m., a ship spotted the first body," Amaral said. "The body was recovered and it was confirmed to be male."
The second body was spotted and recovered around 11:30 a.m.