- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Two bodies, ticket found near Air France crash site off Brazil's coast
RECIFE, Brazil -- Searchers have found two bodies in the Atlantic Ocean near where an Air France jet is thought to have crashed, a Brazilian military official said Saturday.
Air force spokesman Col. Jorge Amaral said searchers also recovered a leather briefcase with an Air France ticket for the flight inside of it.
"It was confirmed with Air France that the ticket number corresponds to a passenger on the flight," he said.
Flight 447 disappeared Sunday with 228 people on board.
The two male bodies were recovered Saturday morning about 45 miles south of where Air Flight 447 emitted its last signals off Brazil's northern coast.
"At 9:10 a.m., a ship spotted the first body," Amaral said. "The body was recovered and it was confirmed to be male."
The second body was spotted and recovered around 11:30 a.m.