- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Two bodies, ticket found near Air France crash site off Brazil's coast
RECIFE, Brazil -- Searchers have found two bodies in the Atlantic Ocean near where an Air France jet is thought to have crashed, a Brazilian military official said Saturday.
Air force spokesman Col. Jorge Amaral said searchers also recovered a leather briefcase with an Air France ticket for the flight inside of it.
"It was confirmed with Air France that the ticket number corresponds to a passenger on the flight," he said.
Flight 447 disappeared Sunday with 228 people on board.
The two male bodies were recovered Saturday morning about 45 miles south of where Air Flight 447 emitted its last signals off Brazil's northern coast.
"At 9:10 a.m., a ship spotted the first body," Amaral said. "The body was recovered and it was confirmed to be male."
The second body was spotted and recovered around 11:30 a.m.