- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)17
Two bodies, ticket found near Air France crash site off Brazil's coast
RECIFE, Brazil -- Searchers have found two bodies in the Atlantic Ocean near where an Air France jet is thought to have crashed, a Brazilian military official said Saturday.
Air force spokesman Col. Jorge Amaral said searchers also recovered a leather briefcase with an Air France ticket for the flight inside of it.
"It was confirmed with Air France that the ticket number corresponds to a passenger on the flight," he said.
Flight 447 disappeared Sunday with 228 people on board.
The two male bodies were recovered Saturday morning about 45 miles south of where Air Flight 447 emitted its last signals off Brazil's northern coast.
"At 9:10 a.m., a ship spotted the first body," Amaral said. "The body was recovered and it was confirmed to be male."
The second body was spotted and recovered around 11:30 a.m.