- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police search for two suspects in abduction, robbery case; victim found unharmed in Scott County field (6/16/17)1
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
Two bodies, ticket found near Air France crash site off Brazil's coast
RECIFE, Brazil -- Searchers have found two bodies in the Atlantic Ocean near where an Air France jet is thought to have crashed, a Brazilian military official said Saturday.
Air force spokesman Col. Jorge Amaral said searchers also recovered a leather briefcase with an Air France ticket for the flight inside of it.
"It was confirmed with Air France that the ticket number corresponds to a passenger on the flight," he said.
Flight 447 disappeared Sunday with 228 people on board.
The two male bodies were recovered Saturday morning about 45 miles south of where Air Flight 447 emitted its last signals off Brazil's northern coast.
"At 9:10 a.m., a ship spotted the first body," Amaral said. "The body was recovered and it was confirmed to be male."
The second body was spotted and recovered around 11:30 a.m.