- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cardinals promote Todd to majors
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals purchased the contract of right-hander Jess Todd from Class AAA Memphis and designated righty Blaine Boyer for assignment.
Todd will become the 12th rookie to play for St. Louis this season, the most in the majors, and the sixth to make his major league debut. He was a second-round pick in the 2007 draft. The 23-year-old Todd was 3-1 and had 11 saves for Memphis with a 2.96 ERA in 20 games.
Boyer, acquired in a trade with Atlanta on April 20, is out of options and the Cardinals have 10 days to trade, release or send him outright to the minors. He had a 4.41 ERA in 17 2/3 innings over 15 games with St. Louis, including a five-inning relief appearance against Cincinnati on Wednesday.