- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau woman seriously injured in Tuesday night crash
A Cape Girardeau woman was seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident Tuesday evening, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Shelia R. Perry, 43, was driving her 1991 Buick westbound on Highway 74 one mile west of Cape Girardeau when she traveled off the left side of the roadway around 11:30 p.m. Perry then struck a utility pole and gas line and overturned.
The Buick was totaled and Perry was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. She was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, according to Patrol reports.