- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Chile police find suitcases made out of cocaine
SANTIAGO, Chile -- Police say two suitcases carried by a woman who was about to fly from Chile to Spain were made of cocaine.
Detective Leandro Morales at the Santiago airport said the drug "was not hidden in the luggage. This time the suitcases were the drug."
Morales said the suitcases were made of a substance combining cocaine with resin and glass fiber.
He said Tuesday a "chemical process" could be used to separate out the drug.
The officer said the suitcases were heavier than their contents.
The 26-year-old Argentine woman was arrested.