- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)6
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)10
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Chile police find suitcases made out of cocaine
SANTIAGO, Chile -- Police say two suitcases carried by a woman who was about to fly from Chile to Spain were made of cocaine.
Detective Leandro Morales at the Santiago airport said the drug "was not hidden in the luggage. This time the suitcases were the drug."
Morales said the suitcases were made of a substance combining cocaine with resin and glass fiber.
He said Tuesday a "chemical process" could be used to separate out the drug.
The officer said the suitcases were heavier than their contents.
The 26-year-old Argentine woman was arrested.