- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Chile police find suitcases made out of cocaine
SANTIAGO, Chile -- Police say two suitcases carried by a woman who was about to fly from Chile to Spain were made of cocaine.
Detective Leandro Morales at the Santiago airport said the drug "was not hidden in the luggage. This time the suitcases were the drug."
Morales said the suitcases were made of a substance combining cocaine with resin and glass fiber.
He said Tuesday a "chemical process" could be used to separate out the drug.
The officer said the suitcases were heavier than their contents.
The 26-year-old Argentine woman was arrested.