- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Chile police find suitcases made out of cocaine
SANTIAGO, Chile -- Police say two suitcases carried by a woman who was about to fly from Chile to Spain were made of cocaine.
Detective Leandro Morales at the Santiago airport said the drug "was not hidden in the luggage. This time the suitcases were the drug."
Morales said the suitcases were made of a substance combining cocaine with resin and glass fiber.
He said Tuesday a "chemical process" could be used to separate out the drug.
The officer said the suitcases were heavier than their contents.
The 26-year-old Argentine woman was arrested.