- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)4
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
God's plan for our planet
I am writing as a Christian and a biologist about a recently expressed concern over global climate change, that it may be God's plan.
God has been speaking to us lately, screaming to us through many messengers. Recall that God can speak through the mouth of a jackass if he so chooses, and we have been behaving like Balaam (KJV, Numbers 22). The things that Alan Journet is telling us are fact. The recent changes are not normal, not within God's patterns for his creation. It is not punishment either. It is a simple consequence of our living on this planet.
God has shown us what to do about this dangerous global climate change through these messages and through Scripture. God promised clearly, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (KJV, 2 Chronicles 7:14). Our only sin is not listening as God calls. He can lead us to heal this land. Note that it is not Southeast Missouri State University's biologists who need to seek God's face here. God has used us as he has seen fit. It is we Christians who need to seek God, submit to his will for the planet and his will for careful stewardship and allow God to heal our land. Please join me in this prayer.
Dr. LUCINDA SWATZELL, Cape Girardeau