- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape city, civic leaders unveil downtown trolley service (7/14/17)6
- Park official: 5-year-old girl nearly drowns at Cape Splash, taken to hospital (7/12/17)4
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
God's plan for our planet
I am writing as a Christian and a biologist about a recently expressed concern over global climate change, that it may be God's plan.
God has been speaking to us lately, screaming to us through many messengers. Recall that God can speak through the mouth of a jackass if he so chooses, and we have been behaving like Balaam (KJV, Numbers 22). The things that Alan Journet is telling us are fact. The recent changes are not normal, not within God's patterns for his creation. It is not punishment either. It is a simple consequence of our living on this planet.
God has shown us what to do about this dangerous global climate change through these messages and through Scripture. God promised clearly, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (KJV, 2 Chronicles 7:14). Our only sin is not listening as God calls. He can lead us to heal this land. Note that it is not Southeast Missouri State University's biologists who need to seek God's face here. God has used us as he has seen fit. It is we Christians who need to seek God, submit to his will for the planet and his will for careful stewardship and allow God to heal our land. Please join me in this prayer.
Dr. LUCINDA SWATZELL, Cape Girardeau