- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Group to offer shuttles to tour art galleries in Cape Girardeau Friday
The ARound Town Group, a network of galleries in Cape Girardeau, has organized a First Friday Art Shuttle to take patrons from the River Campus to the downtown galleries, up Broadway to the galleries on that street and out to West Drive to visit Edward Bernard Gallery.
The shuttle loops back down to the River Campus and starts over again. It will run from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. and organizers expect it to stop at each location every 30 minutes.
People often mill around downtown on First Friday, but the shuttle service "helps get people into the galleries that are kind of out of the way as well," said Crisp Museum director Peter Nguyen, who helped organize the First Friday Shuttle, which starts Friday for the June First Friday.