- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Area Resident Qualifies for College National Finals Rodeo
CASPER, Wyo. --- Brent Menz from Delta, Missouri has qualified for the upcoming College National Finals Rodeo (CNFR).
He will be competing for the University of Tennessee at Martin in the bull riding at the Casper Events Center June 14-20. At stake are National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association titles and nearly $250,000 in scholarships.
This is the 61st Annual CNFR and the 11th anniversary of the event's home in Casper. The CNFR features nine rodeo events, bareback riding, saddle bronc riding, bull riding, tie-down roping and steer wrestling for the men, barrel racing, goat tying and breakaway roping for the women. In addition, team roping is held which can feature male and female competitors. Along with individual titles, many of the competitors are hoping to be part of the men's or women's team that takes the team championship back to their college or university.
Each contestant has three preliminary rounds of competition prior to the final round on Saturday night, June 20th. Scores and times from those three rounds will be added up and the 12 contestants with the fastest total times or highest total scores will advance to the finals.
At the conclusion of the final round national event champions along with men's and women's all-around and team champions will be crowned. In addition several special awards will be presented throughout the competition. Complete results will be available at www.cnfr.com.