- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
Area Resident Qualifies for College National Finals Rodeo
CASPER, Wyo. --- Brent Menz from Delta, Missouri has qualified for the upcoming College National Finals Rodeo (CNFR).
He will be competing for the University of Tennessee at Martin in the bull riding at the Casper Events Center June 14-20. At stake are National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association titles and nearly $250,000 in scholarships.
This is the 61st Annual CNFR and the 11th anniversary of the event's home in Casper. The CNFR features nine rodeo events, bareback riding, saddle bronc riding, bull riding, tie-down roping and steer wrestling for the men, barrel racing, goat tying and breakaway roping for the women. In addition, team roping is held which can feature male and female competitors. Along with individual titles, many of the competitors are hoping to be part of the men's or women's team that takes the team championship back to their college or university.
Each contestant has three preliminary rounds of competition prior to the final round on Saturday night, June 20th. Scores and times from those three rounds will be added up and the 12 contestants with the fastest total times or highest total scores will advance to the finals.
At the conclusion of the final round national event champions along with men's and women's all-around and team champions will be crowned. In addition several special awards will be presented throughout the competition. Complete results will be available at www.cnfr.com.