- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Illini, Mizzou calling off annual game
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Illinois and Missouri's traditional season-opening football game in St. Louis will come to an end after 2010.
Illinois athletic director Ron Guenther told The (Champaign) News-Gazette that the neutral site game makes it tough for Illinois to have more than six home games in a season. Most major schools try to play seven.
The games have been big, nationally broadcast TV draws. But Illinois is winless in the series' first four years.
Guenther says the schools might resume play at some point. But they would play in each other's stadiums.
This fall's game will be Sept. 5.