- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
McCLURE, Ill. -- Gladys V. Davis, 89, of McClure died Sunday, May 31, 2009, at the Lutheran Home inCape Girardeau.
She was born July 28, 1919, in Randles, daughter of Harrison and Grace Lape Davis. She married William Howard Davis on Jan. 1, 1940, in St. Louis. He died July 29, 2005.
She was a member of Grace United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a son, Bill Davis and wife Linda of McClure; a daughter-in-law, Martha Davis of McClure; a brother, Charles Davis of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Hazel Gross of Gordonville, Judy Wunderlich of Burfordville; four grandchildren, Marty and Drew Davis of McClure, Matt Davis and wife Chris of Ava, Ill., Joe Davis and wife Brandy of Cape Girardeau; and three great-grandchildren, Tyler Davis of McClure, Alyssa and Megan Davis of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a son, Tom Davis; two brothers; and a sister.
The family will receive friends from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Scott Moon officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be sent to Grace United Methodist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.