- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Stricker breaks through in playoff to grab victory
Steve Stricker has all sorts of top-10 finishes on the PGA Tour this season. Now he has the best one, too.
Stricker birdied the second hole of a playoff with Tim Clark and Steve Marino to win the Crowne Plaza Invitational in Fort Worth, Texas on Sunday. Stricker finished second, third, fourth, sixth and seventh this year before breaking through at Colonial.
The 42-year-old Stricker shot a 2-under 68 to match Marino (68) and Clark (70) at 17-under 263.
On the par-4 17th on the second extra hole, Stricker put his approach to 4 feet, and Clark almost matched it -- but his approach hit the stick and rolled more than 20 feet away. He missed his birdie try and Stricker made his.
Mark McNulty won the Principal Charity Classic in West Des Moines, Iowa, for his seventh Champions Tour victory, beating Fred Funk with a 30-foot birdie putt on the fourth hole of a playoff.
-- The Associated Press