- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Schnurbusch third in Class 3 pole vault
JEFFERSON CITY -- Notre Dame's Jill Schnurbusch went out in style.
The senior cleared 10 feet, 6 inches to finish third in the Class 3 pole vault Saturday.
It was the same distance Schnurbusch cleared last weekend in the sectional, which was a school record.
Schnurbusch's teammate, Allie Job, did not clear the bar during her attempts in the pole vault.
On the boys side, junior Joe Froemsdorf took seventh by clearing 14-0.
Notre Dame junior Wynn McClellan performed well in the 3,200-meter run, crossing the line seventh in 9 minutes, 38.27 seconds. He also helped the Bulldogs' 3,200 relay team place 12th in 8:24.26. He was joined by senior Logan Davis, junior Cody Moore and junior Ryan Johnson.
-- Southeast Missourian