- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Betty Jo Dunning, 79, of Delta, Mo., died Friday, May 29, 2009, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee.
She was born Oct. 11, 1929, in Fredericktown, Mo., daughter of Roy and Rosie Bryner Gilder. She and Leonard Dunning were married May 22, 1948, in Delta.
Dunning was a member of First Baptist Church of Delta.
Survivors include her husband, Leonard, of Delta; a son, Gregory (Sandra) Dunning of Delta; three daughters, Cynthia Jo Ladd of Delta, Linda Gail (Michael) Hornbuckle of Delta, Nancy Ann (John) Simminger of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Virginia Duncan of Cape Girardeau; seven grandchildren; and seven great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Eric Hodge officiating.
Burial will be at 1 p.m. at Missouri Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo.
Memorials may be made to Alzheimer's Association, 9374 Olive Street Road, St. Louis, MO 63132-3214.