- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sean Michael Maguire, 27, of Cape Girardeau, passed away Wednesday, May 27, 2009.
He was born May 27, 1982, in Kansas City, Mo., son of Michael H. and Sheila Hoss Maguire.
Sean was an avid dog lover. All his life, he had a special passion for the well-being of all canines, and over the years he and his family rescued several "pound hounds."
As a teenager, Sean was Boy Scout and Eagle Scout with Troop 5, sponsored by Cape VFW. He was a 2000 graduate of Cape Girardeau Central High School, where he competed in soccer, tennis, swimming, baseball and cross country. After high school he attended Southeast Missouri State University and went on to graduate from the University of Missouri in Columbia, Mo.
During his high school and college careers, Sean worked at Ruby Tuesday, Outback Steakhouse, The Buckle, Buffalo Wild Wings, and was a service manager for Weiser Honda. After his college graduation, he returned to Kansas City where he was employed by Heritage Crystal Clean.
He was a member of The Pathway Church in Cape Girardeau.
Loving survivors include his parents, Michael and Sheila Maguire of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Annise Maguire of Ann Arbor, Mich.; maternal grandparents, Kathleen (Aldridge-Hoss) and Quentin Davis of Cape Girardeau; two paternal uncles, Dan (Julie) Maguire of California, Frank A. (Tracy) Schroeder of Oklahoma; and a maternal step-uncle, Randy Davis of Indiana.
He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Earl Hoss, and paternal grandparents, Daniel and Mary Ann Maguire.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today, May 31, 2009, at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday, June 1, 2009, at the funeral home, with the Rev. Billy Garner officiating. At approximately 11 a.m., the funeral will proceed to Jonesboro Cemetery for burial. The graveside committal service is expected to begin at noon.
Due to Sean's affection for his canine friends, the family has requested that, in lieu of flowers, memorials be made to Safe Harbor Animal Sanctuary.