- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Massey - Geske
Amanda Kaye Massey and Jesse Frederick "Fred" Geske were united in marriage April 18, 2009, at First Presbyterian Church in Cape Girardeau. John Goodwin performed the ceremony. Organist was Dr. Gary Miller.
The bride is the daughter of Jeff and Tracy Massey of Puxico, Mo. The groom is the son of Mike and Jami Geske of Matthews, Mo.
Maid of honor was Amanda Bailey of Bell City, Mo. Bridesmaids were Abby Geske of Matthews, sister-in-law of the groom; Natalie Ries of Jackson; and Brandi Cravens of Bloomfield, Mo.
Mark Ries of Jackson was best man. Groomsmen were Tim Geske of Matthews and Andy Geske of Cape Girardeau, brothers of the groom; and Jason Massey of Bloomfield, brother of the bride. Tim and Andy Geske were ushers.
Flower girl was Riley Ries, daughter of Mark and Natalie Ries. Ringbearers were Bowen Massey and Blake Christian. Bowen is the son of Jason Massey and Traci VanMeter, and nephew of the bride. Blake is the son of Matt Christian and Traci VanMeter.
A poem was read by Shannen Morton.
Bethany Sansoucie and Carmen Vinyard attended the guest book.
The reception was held at Drury Lodge.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner April 17 at Gordonville Grill in Gordonville.
Mrs. Geske is a graduate of Bloomfield High School. She received a bachelor of arts degree in mass communications from Southeast Missouri State University. She will begin work as a media consultant with Yellowbook in June.
The groom is a graduate of New Madrid High School in New Madrid, Mo. He is a classified sales representative with the Southeast Missourian.
The couple resides in Cape Girardeau.