- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Award for Community Service Presented to Dr. Frank Nickell
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution recently presented Dr. Frank Nickell with the NSDAR Community Service Award.
The award was presented to Dr. Nickell at the May meeting of the Nancy Hunter Chapter NSDAR held at the Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The purpose of the Community Service Award is to recognize a worthy local person who has contributed to his or her community in an outstanding voluntary manner. The Nancy Hunter Chapter recommended Dr. Nickell for this award for his tireless and unselfish dedication to preserving and presenting the history of this area.
Dr. Nickell is a professor of history at Southeast Missouri State University and is the director of the Center for Regional History.