- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
Award for Community Service Presented to Dr. Frank Nickell
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution recently presented Dr. Frank Nickell with the NSDAR Community Service Award.
The award was presented to Dr. Nickell at the May meeting of the Nancy Hunter Chapter NSDAR held at the Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The purpose of the Community Service Award is to recognize a worthy local person who has contributed to his or her community in an outstanding voluntary manner. The Nancy Hunter Chapter recommended Dr. Nickell for this award for his tireless and unselfish dedication to preserving and presenting the history of this area.
Dr. Nickell is a professor of history at Southeast Missouri State University and is the director of the Center for Regional History.