- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)46
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)5
Award for Community Service Presented to Dr. Frank Nickell
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution recently presented Dr. Frank Nickell with the NSDAR Community Service Award.
The award was presented to Dr. Nickell at the May meeting of the Nancy Hunter Chapter NSDAR held at the Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The purpose of the Community Service Award is to recognize a worthy local person who has contributed to his or her community in an outstanding voluntary manner. The Nancy Hunter Chapter recommended Dr. Nickell for this award for his tireless and unselfish dedication to preserving and presenting the history of this area.
Dr. Nickell is a professor of history at Southeast Missouri State University and is the director of the Center for Regional History.