- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Award for Community Service Presented to Dr. Frank Nickell
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution recently presented Dr. Frank Nickell with the NSDAR Community Service Award.
The award was presented to Dr. Nickell at the May meeting of the Nancy Hunter Chapter NSDAR held at the Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The purpose of the Community Service Award is to recognize a worthy local person who has contributed to his or her community in an outstanding voluntary manner. The Nancy Hunter Chapter recommended Dr. Nickell for this award for his tireless and unselfish dedication to preserving and presenting the history of this area.
Dr. Nickell is a professor of history at Southeast Missouri State University and is the director of the Center for Regional History.