- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Award for Community Service Presented to Dr. Frank Nickell
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution recently presented Dr. Frank Nickell with the NSDAR Community Service Award.
The award was presented to Dr. Nickell at the May meeting of the Nancy Hunter Chapter NSDAR held at the Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The purpose of the Community Service Award is to recognize a worthy local person who has contributed to his or her community in an outstanding voluntary manner. The Nancy Hunter Chapter recommended Dr. Nickell for this award for his tireless and unselfish dedication to preserving and presenting the history of this area.
Dr. Nickell is a professor of history at Southeast Missouri State University and is the director of the Center for Regional History.