- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Georgia L. Yarbery, 73, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Feb. 18, 1931, in Caruthersville, Mo., daughter of John and Helen Cook Yarbery.
Yarbery retired as a cook at Saint Francis. Formerly of Charleston, Mo., she was a member of Holy Trinity Church of Deliverance and its Mothers Board.
Survivors include four daughters, Viola Bryant and Vanessa Yarbery of Dyersburg, Tenn., Margaret Cummings of Springfield, Mo., Donna Austin of Kennett, Mo.; two sisters, Etta Johnson and Leanna McElmurry of Cape Girardeau; a brother, A.W. Yarbery of Kalamazoo, Mich.; 19 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call at Holy Trinity Church of Deliverance Saturday from noon until time of service.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the church, with Elder Jessie McNell officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery.
Williams Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.