- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Melissa Jeanie French, 72, of Perryville died Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2005, at her home.
She was born Jan. 19, 1932, at Crosstown, Mo., daughter of Bennett and Minnie Mae Mantz Cashion. She first married Palmer Vinson Oct. 6, 1951. He died Dec. 3, 1971. She and Kenneth French were married July 3, 1982.
French had worked at International Shoe Co. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church and American Legion Auxiliary.
Survivors include a daughter, Debbie Piva of Arnold, Mo.; two stepsons, Calvin French of Fenton, Mo., Gary French of Warren, Mo.; two sisters, Viola Clifton and Evla Johnson of Perryville; six grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Saturday from 6:30 to 11:30 a.m.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Immanuel Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Matthew Marks officiating. Burial will be in Immanuel Church Cemetery.