- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Nixon seeks help for 46 counties
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Gov. Jay Nixon has asked for more federal help to repair infrastructure damage in 46 counties hit by severe storms earlier this month.
Nixon already has asked the federal government for a disaster declaration.
Nixon said the aid would help reimburse local governments for damaged public property, infrastructure and public utilities, and for emergency protective actions.