- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)11
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)12
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)11
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)23
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Evolution is true science fiction
To the editor:
Genesis tells us that everything was created by God. Nothing evolved. Every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind, as stated 10 times in Genesis 1. Dogs do not produce cats. Neither do cats and dogs have a common ancestry. Dogs began as dogs and are still dogs. Frogs don't reproduce oysters, cows don't have lambs and pigs don't give birth to rabbits. God made monkeys as monkeys and man as man. Each creature brings forth after its own kind. That's no theory. That's a fact.
Why, then, should we believe that man comes from another species? If evolution is true, then it is proof that the Bible is false. However, the whole of creation stands in contradiction to the theory of evolution. Dr. Kent Hovind of Florida has a standing offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution. He has yet to have to pay.
"To suppose that the eye could have formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree." -- Charles Darwin.
Evolution is true science fiction.
DAVE OLSON, Marble Hill, Mo.