- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Evolution is true science fiction
To the editor:
Genesis tells us that everything was created by God. Nothing evolved. Every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind, as stated 10 times in Genesis 1. Dogs do not produce cats. Neither do cats and dogs have a common ancestry. Dogs began as dogs and are still dogs. Frogs don't reproduce oysters, cows don't have lambs and pigs don't give birth to rabbits. God made monkeys as monkeys and man as man. Each creature brings forth after its own kind. That's no theory. That's a fact.
Why, then, should we believe that man comes from another species? If evolution is true, then it is proof that the Bible is false. However, the whole of creation stands in contradiction to the theory of evolution. Dr. Kent Hovind of Florida has a standing offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution. He has yet to have to pay.
"To suppose that the eye could have formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree." -- Charles Darwin.
Evolution is true science fiction.
DAVE OLSON, Marble Hill, Mo.