- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Evolution is true science fiction
To the editor:
Genesis tells us that everything was created by God. Nothing evolved. Every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind, as stated 10 times in Genesis 1. Dogs do not produce cats. Neither do cats and dogs have a common ancestry. Dogs began as dogs and are still dogs. Frogs don't reproduce oysters, cows don't have lambs and pigs don't give birth to rabbits. God made monkeys as monkeys and man as man. Each creature brings forth after its own kind. That's no theory. That's a fact.
Why, then, should we believe that man comes from another species? If evolution is true, then it is proof that the Bible is false. However, the whole of creation stands in contradiction to the theory of evolution. Dr. Kent Hovind of Florida has a standing offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution. He has yet to have to pay.
"To suppose that the eye could have formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree." -- Charles Darwin.
Evolution is true science fiction.
DAVE OLSON, Marble Hill, Mo.