- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Evolution is true science fiction
To the editor:
Genesis tells us that everything was created by God. Nothing evolved. Every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind, as stated 10 times in Genesis 1. Dogs do not produce cats. Neither do cats and dogs have a common ancestry. Dogs began as dogs and are still dogs. Frogs don't reproduce oysters, cows don't have lambs and pigs don't give birth to rabbits. God made monkeys as monkeys and man as man. Each creature brings forth after its own kind. That's no theory. That's a fact.
Why, then, should we believe that man comes from another species? If evolution is true, then it is proof that the Bible is false. However, the whole of creation stands in contradiction to the theory of evolution. Dr. Kent Hovind of Florida has a standing offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution. He has yet to have to pay.
"To suppose that the eye could have formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree." -- Charles Darwin.
Evolution is true science fiction.
DAVE OLSON, Marble Hill, Mo.