- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)1
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Evolution is true science fiction
To the editor:
Genesis tells us that everything was created by God. Nothing evolved. Every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind, as stated 10 times in Genesis 1. Dogs do not produce cats. Neither do cats and dogs have a common ancestry. Dogs began as dogs and are still dogs. Frogs don't reproduce oysters, cows don't have lambs and pigs don't give birth to rabbits. God made monkeys as monkeys and man as man. Each creature brings forth after its own kind. That's no theory. That's a fact.
Why, then, should we believe that man comes from another species? If evolution is true, then it is proof that the Bible is false. However, the whole of creation stands in contradiction to the theory of evolution. Dr. Kent Hovind of Florida has a standing offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution. He has yet to have to pay.
"To suppose that the eye could have formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree." -- Charles Darwin.
Evolution is true science fiction.
DAVE OLSON, Marble Hill, Mo.