- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
Delighted to have Farris 'home'
To the editor:
In response to "Opera singer making return visit to Cape for spring production": I remember when Judy Farris and I stood beside each other in girls' chorus at noon every Monday and Wednesday at Southeast Missouri State University, and she would elbow me every time I sang a wrong note. I think some days I was bruised by the time the hour was up. I got her to sing for my wedding, because she played Cupid to get my husband and me together. I am thrilled to death that she is coming home to us, even for a little while.
GLORIA SCHUMER, Sikeston, Mo.