- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Delighted to have Farris 'home'
To the editor:
In response to "Opera singer making return visit to Cape for spring production": I remember when Judy Farris and I stood beside each other in girls' chorus at noon every Monday and Wednesday at Southeast Missouri State University, and she would elbow me every time I sang a wrong note. I think some days I was bruised by the time the hour was up. I got her to sing for my wedding, because she played Cupid to get my husband and me together. I am thrilled to death that she is coming home to us, even for a little while.
GLORIA SCHUMER, Sikeston, Mo.