- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Delighted to have Farris 'home'
To the editor:
In response to "Opera singer making return visit to Cape for spring production": I remember when Judy Farris and I stood beside each other in girls' chorus at noon every Monday and Wednesday at Southeast Missouri State University, and she would elbow me every time I sang a wrong note. I think some days I was bruised by the time the hour was up. I got her to sing for my wedding, because she played Cupid to get my husband and me together. I am thrilled to death that she is coming home to us, even for a little while.
GLORIA SCHUMER, Sikeston, Mo.