- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Mom angry her autistic son was left on bus; he later was discovered at bus lot (8/16/16)15
- Cape man to serve at least 21 months in prison for food-stamp fraud (8/16/16)5
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Store dedicated solely to Pokemon products will open soon in Cape (8/16/16)1
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Delighted to have Farris 'home'
To the editor:
In response to "Opera singer making return visit to Cape for spring production": I remember when Judy Farris and I stood beside each other in girls' chorus at noon every Monday and Wednesday at Southeast Missouri State University, and she would elbow me every time I sang a wrong note. I think some days I was bruised by the time the hour was up. I got her to sing for my wedding, because she played Cupid to get my husband and me together. I am thrilled to death that she is coming home to us, even for a little while.
GLORIA SCHUMER, Sikeston, Mo.