- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Delighted to have Farris 'home'
To the editor:
In response to "Opera singer making return visit to Cape for spring production": I remember when Judy Farris and I stood beside each other in girls' chorus at noon every Monday and Wednesday at Southeast Missouri State University, and she would elbow me every time I sang a wrong note. I think some days I was bruised by the time the hour was up. I got her to sing for my wedding, because she played Cupid to get my husband and me together. I am thrilled to death that she is coming home to us, even for a little while.
GLORIA SCHUMER, Sikeston, Mo.