- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Top of the Class: Janice Bueter
School: Leopold High School
Hometown: Leopold, Mo.
Parents: Anthony and Deborah Bueter
Post-graduation plans: Attend University of Missouri-Columbia to pursue a degree in pharmacy
High school activities: Cheerleading co-captain, volleyball bookkeeper, newspaper editor, yearbook editor, Pep Club, Business Club, Student Activities Council, Beta Club vice president, Beta Quiz Bowl team captain
Honors received: University of Missouri Curators Award, Bright Flight, Edward and Ellen Kniep Memorial Scholarship, Gene H. Cook Scholarship
Favorite high school memory: All the times our class sang "Happy Birthday" or wearing my awesome double-tongue Converse shoes to graduation
Summer plans: Seeing Elton John and Billy Joel in concert, spending time with my friends and family, having fun, making memories and working
What will you miss about high school? All of my classmates and friends, we all had so much fun together.
Explain your prop: My prop is cheer poms. Cheerleading was my favorite sport in high school. Some of my best memories from high school came from cheering at basketball games. Cheerleading was a major part of my life, and I will miss it a lot next year.