- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Top of the Class: Amy Beel
School: Leopold High School
Hometown: Leopold, Mo.
Parents: Kevin and Cindy Beel
Post-graduation plans: Moving to Chicago this August to attend Loyola University, majoring in psychology and minoring in photography.
High school activities: Beta Club (president), Business Club (president) and Pep Club
Honors: Honorable mention in fiction at the SEMO Writing Contest, George Washington Carver Award, Glory of Missouri Award for Liberty
Favorite high school memory: Probably every day that I would get to leave early to go to a concert. Those days were always the best. I was always in a super good mood because my evening was going to rock, literally, and I didn't have to spend the whole day at school. I just collected my homework and headed toward St. Louis. Those were the best times!
Summer plans: I plan on traveling as much as I can this summer. I have road trips to Chicago, Kentucky and Ohio already planned out. I also plan to attend as many concerts as humanly possible for me. It should be a fun summer!
What will you miss about high school? I'll miss the easy homework, but honestly I'm very, very ready to move on to college, so there isn't very much at all that I will miss about high school.
Explain your prop: Most of my high school career I was plotting my move to Chicago, so I brought a book giving maps and things to do in Chicago. I also brought my iPod because everyone who knows me, knows that I love music, and attend any concerts that I can find a way to get to so I figured my iPod (named Bert McIpod for those wondering) would be a good way to represent this.