- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Arts council hosts national show
The Girardot National Juried Exhibition has extended the deadline for artists to submit their work to noon Tuesday. All selected art will be exhibited at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri's Gallery 100 and Lorimier Gallery. To qualify, artists must be 18 years old or older and living within the United States. For more information, call the arts council at 334-9233.
Summer Museum Academy to be held
The Crisp Museum will hold a Summer Museum Academy, "Transportation: Underground to Outer Space," Tuesday through June 5. The sessions will present historical facts with hands-on interactive activities involving fine arts, games and engineering construction. The classes are free and open to ages 3 through 15. Sessions will be from 10 a.m. to noon or 1 to 4 p.m. Adult supervision is required for preschoolers. Preregistration is required. For more information, contact Ellen Hahs at email@example.com or 651-2301.
<B>[--] From staff reports