- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Madeline L. Holmes, 64, of Perryville died Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2005, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born Nov. 14, 1940, in Ste. Genevieve County, Mo., daughter of Edward Harry and Beulah Vivian Anderson Holmes.
Holmes was a retired teacher, having taught at schools in St. Mary and Bonne Terre, Mo.
Survivors include a brother, David Holmes of Perryville; two sisters, Marie Duren of West Plains, Mo., and Ruth Kesel of Atlanta, Ga.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, two sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 9 a.m. Friday until time of service.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dennis Cebulak officiating. Burial will be in Cedar Fork Cemetery.