- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Joyce A. Johnson, 70, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Jan. 9, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born June 5, 1934, at Wolf Lake, Ill., daughter of Thomas L. and Donna Lingle Aldridge Sr. She and Gerald H. Johnson were married May 6, 1956, in Corinth, Miss.
Mrs. Johnson grew up on the family farm at Wolf Lake. She moved to Cape Girardeau in 1959 from Nashville, Tenn., after her husband graduated from law school. She worked 20 years in banking at First National Bank, Centerre Bank, Boatmens Bank and Bank of America.
She was a member of First Baptist Church, and an avid flower gardener. Mrs. Johnson was a loving and caring mother to her sons.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Dr. Jonathan Johnson of Herrin, Ill., Jason (Mary) Johnson of Springfield, Ill., Joseph Johnson of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Thomas Aldridge Jr. and Bill (Barbara) Aldridge of Wolf Lake; two grandchildren, Alexander and Marissa Johnson.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, with the Rev. Mike Shupert officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro City Cemetery in Jonesboro, Ill.
Memorial contributions may be made to First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau, or American Heart Association, P.O. Box 1653, Topeka, Kan., 66601-1653.