- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Central JV wins tourney contest
The Central junior varsity boys basketball team defeated Perryville 59-31 in a round-robin tournament at Central.
Jeremy Kimble and John Lockridge each scored 10 points for Central, which plays Saturday in the tournament's final day.
* The Central freshman boys basketball team defeated Notre Dame 66-32 in the first round of its tournament. Adrian Cox scored 19 points, while Anthony Watts added 12 and Chase Johnson scored 11.
Central plays tonight in the final.
* At the Scott-Mississippi Valley Conference girls basketball tournament, the Scott County Central junior varsity team defeated Chaffee 44-29 and the Oran JV beat Scott City 47-45.