- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)7
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
Foundation Golf Shootout!
Cape Radiology Group and Cape Girardeau Public Schools Foundation has partnered together to raise money for Great Idea Teaching Grants that inspire learning and enhance opportunities for local kids. Their annual Golf Shootout is on Monday June 1st at Cape Girardeau Country Club. The Foundation's golf tournament differs from other golf tournaments in that it offers a flight for junior and adult golf teams, with the opportunity to hang out and swim. Most exciting is that Carroll Williams put together a free golf clinic for registered junior golfers to receive some great golf tips and techniques at Arena Golf in June. There is also a flight for adult golf teams. Green fees, cart, headcover, caddysack and lunch are all included in the registration fee.
Chances to win big prizes, including a $10,000 golf putt, a $25,000 hole in one, and a Million Dollar hole in one, will be offered thanks to the specialty sponsor McDonald's. The most awesome news for the afternoon flight is that the winning team will get 4 Cardinal Champions Club Seats donated by NARS that include a private entrance and restrooms, access to Club lounge, and buffet and bar service providing all you care to eat and drink one hour before and during the game.
It is so important for us to do what we can to enhance our public education system. In order for the Cape Girardeau community to be prosperous, we have to have quality public education available to our children. The purpose of the Cape Girardeau Public Schools Foundation is to enrich teaching, inspire learning and enhance opportunities for all students enrolled in the public school district. There is still time to get involved by volunteering, playing or sponsoring this non-profit charity event. Great Schools are Everybody's Business! If you are interested, please contact Tammy Samuel, Executive Director, at 651-0555 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, get forms online at www.capeschools.org.