- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Foundation Golf Shootout!
Cape Radiology Group and Cape Girardeau Public Schools Foundation has partnered together to raise money for Great Idea Teaching Grants that inspire learning and enhance opportunities for local kids. Their annual Golf Shootout is on Monday June 1st at Cape Girardeau Country Club. The Foundation's golf tournament differs from other golf tournaments in that it offers a flight for junior and adult golf teams, with the opportunity to hang out and swim. Most exciting is that Carroll Williams put together a free golf clinic for registered junior golfers to receive some great golf tips and techniques at Arena Golf in June. There is also a flight for adult golf teams. Green fees, cart, headcover, caddysack and lunch are all included in the registration fee.
Chances to win big prizes, including a $10,000 golf putt, a $25,000 hole in one, and a Million Dollar hole in one, will be offered thanks to the specialty sponsor McDonald's. The most awesome news for the afternoon flight is that the winning team will get 4 Cardinal Champions Club Seats donated by NARS that include a private entrance and restrooms, access to Club lounge, and buffet and bar service providing all you care to eat and drink one hour before and during the game.
It is so important for us to do what we can to enhance our public education system. In order for the Cape Girardeau community to be prosperous, we have to have quality public education available to our children. The purpose of the Cape Girardeau Public Schools Foundation is to enrich teaching, inspire learning and enhance opportunities for all students enrolled in the public school district. There is still time to get involved by volunteering, playing or sponsoring this non-profit charity event. Great Schools are Everybody's Business! If you are interested, please contact Tammy Samuel, Executive Director, at 651-0555 or by email to email@example.com. Or, get forms online at www.capeschools.org.