- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Townsend - Govreau
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Natalie Marie Townsend and Joshua Joseph Govreau were married Oct. 18, 2008, at First Baptist Church in Chaffee. The Rev. Phil Berry performed the ceremony.
Parents of the couple are Jon and Tonyua Townsend of Chaffee, and Joe and Joey Govreau of Viburnum, Mo.
Maid of honor was Brittany Crouthers of Springfield, Mo., and matron of honor was Meredith Holt of Dexter, Mo. Bridesmaids were Brittney Bennett, cousin of the bride; Ashton Lee, Mallory Kiefer, and Shelby Rice, all of Chaffee.
Lucas Hart of Royse City, Texas, and Ricky Turnbough of Arcadia Valley, Mo., were best men. Groomsmen were Kevin Roberts and Cody Bova of Cape Girardeau, Patrick Vessel of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., and Ryan Boyer of St. Louis. Ushers were Jeremy Townsend of Cape Girardeau, brother of the bride; Dru Stevener of St. Charles, Mo., James Boyer of Cape Girardeau, and Adam Lane of Columbia, Mo.
Candlelighters were Allison Menley of Farmington, Mo., sister of the groom; Veronica Bennett of Chaffee and Kirsten Johnston of Fruitland, cousins of the bride.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Isabell and Matthew Halter, children of Kevin and Jamie Halter and cousins of the bride.
Andrea Dohogne, Theresa Gray and Britney Menley were guest book attendants.
The reception was held at the Eagles Lodge in Cape Girardeau. Servers were Lisa Bader, Debbie Green, Stephanie Bennett and Julie Johnston.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 17 at Port Cape Girardeau Restaurant.
Mrs. Govreau is a 2004 graduate of Chaffee High School, and a 2008 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. She is a high school science teacher with Bell City School District.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of Viburnum High School, and a 2005 graduate of Southeast University. He is a middle school math teacher with Chaffee School District.
After a wedding trip to South Padre Island, Texas, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.